Co-driver is an add-on dedicated to Assetto Corsa race simulator. It is a rally navigator software inspired by the Jemba system. If you are new to rally stage notes or Jemba, I recommend that you start with the reading
of this document : http://www.jemba.se/notesUSA.htm
Co-driver is the successor of Copilot for AC app. It is comprised of two phases :
- The reconnaissance (or "recce") recording mode : the driver must travel along the track, once, in order to record the profile of this track. This process generate automatically the pace-notes.
- The run mode : during the race, the notes are called vocally.
A note editor is also available, allowing you to customize you pace-notes.
- The new User Interface allows the change in game of various parameters such as the audio volume or braking distance.
- It also includes a new count down process, in accordance with FIA regulation for WRC.
- A new pace-notes Editor is provided, making change easier and safer.
- The notes can be automatically optimized in order to follow an "ideal trajectory" given by the fast_lane.ai file when this file exists (idea due to Gigi Monticelli). In case this file is not available, an optimization is done by computation.
- With the optimizer, the severity of corners is analyzed with a scale of twenty values (against 6 in Copilot), using the "minus" and "plus" ajustments.
- Co-driver generates dynamically "brake" calls : when a long flat line ends in a tightened corner, Co-driver announces the point where the brake should begin.
- The point is calculated according to the speed of the car and can be customized using several parameters.
Extension of tracks supported
- Works with looped tracks. The number of laps can be set in the user interface.
- Works with tracks having several configurations (uphill and downhill, for instance).
- Works with up and down tracks with a u-turn at the top and return using the same path in reverse.
Several notes systems available
The driver can select one among several notes systems :
- Descriptive : "one hundred, middle left";
- Numeric : "One hundred, left four";
- Angular : "One hundred meters, left one hundred".
Customizing the notes style and language
- The audio messages are generated by Microsoft Speech synthesizer. Thus, it is easy to add new terms in the vocabulary used to build pace-notesinn. As the messages are generated by the synthesizer, users don't have to record their own voice.
- Languages available are : English, French, Italian and Spanish. But if you have a Microsoft Speech synthesizer installed for another language, it is possible to build a module for your own language.
- A grammar editor make easier the modification of vocabulary, addition of comments or changes of the text of notes.
- If you miss a note, you can ask Co-driver to repeat it using one of the buttons of you wheel.
- Co-driver includes a local database where your best times will be recorded. Best times are recorded by combo, track / car model. If you agree, your best times will be uploaded to Co-driver web site database and made available for other users.